Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 1 - Responsibility

Because I haven't begun my time at Preston Taylor Ministries, as my first day is tomorrow, I haven't encountered the full experience of the Turner Fellowship just yet.  Nevertheless, this preliminary time of organization and coordination has opened my eyes to the accountability required of individuals in their specific fields.  I have had several meetings with my co-workers at PTM (Preston Taylor Ministries), and each one has made me appreciate the fluidity and reliability of any work environment.
The whole operation reminds me of a group project in school.  In this project, however, every person involved has the utmost respect, care, and passion for the task at hand.  Furthermore, each person is capable and willing to put in the work required of them.  There is no wondering which group member will fall down on the job, as there tends to be in high school assignments.  I've come to appreciate the commitment that adults in my life allocate to their own occupations.
Finally, I've already learned how to be more accountable and responsible for my own part.  Obviously, I am still a work in progress, but I am learning how to formulate lesson plans, execute and plan a schedule, and work   with others to accomplish a goal.  These are all indispensable attributes that I've been exposed to, not even a day  into my actual work schedule.  This summer looks to hold a very promising and beneficial experience as I leave my comfort zone and adapt to what I will encounter on a daily basis after college.

1 comment:

  1. David,
    I appreciate that you dedicated your first blog to the topic of responsibility. To me, responsibility is the ability to respond appropriately and effectively when given an assigned role. This is such a valuable attribute and involves a number of skills which you already exhibit like flexibility, thoughtfulness and dependability. No doubt you are going to have lots of interesting, fun and new opportunities to be responsible this summer!
    I look forward to following your blog and seeing you in action. So sorry to hear about your injury.
    Wishing you well,
    Mrs. Huff

    ReplyDelete